Beach+Sun

We got up early and left for Punta Coral, a private reserve off the Pacific in the Gulf of Nicoya. Below is at breakfast, where I got to meet a toucan. Notice my apprehensiveness. 


The gardens behind the bfast place were pretty and festive. 


We had to drive through the mountains to reach the coast. It was amazing. 


After a boat ride to the beach, we finally reached our destination. Our guide immediately showed us around the place. Below is the place where we ate lunch (more on that later). 



View of the ocean. You'll notice how it isn't that blue, typical to the Pacific. I personally find the Atlantic prettier. The water was warm though. 


Inside the toliet, I found a little frog! They got him out, but her looked a little sick. They assured me he was "esta bien."


View of the beach. There were kayaks and lounge chairs. I hung out at the beach until we had a delicious ceviche snack. I then went snorkeling, dried out near the bar and in the sun, and then it was lunchtime. 


First course: salad with a light vinaigrette. 


FISHHHHHHHH AHHHHHH! It was a delicious white fish, with amazing flavor, and perfectly cooked. There was also garlic bread, feggies, and rice (por su puesto). I ate most of the fish, but then decided it was too good to leave a little piece. So, I inhaled some more. It was soo gooood. 


Then there was some coffee. This type of coffee is native to Costa Rica, and is insanely good. 


So I was pretty full, but then they served us a brownie chock full of coconut, my favorite. I cleaned the plate. And then Andrew and I ate part of Kelly's leftovers. Needless to say, I was stuffed and in a bikini- cute. 


After lunch, I went on a hike to a lagoon. I did not bring my camera with me for fear of water, but my friends did get some great pictures. Afterwards, we came back to soak up a few more rays before heading back. 


I did not go kayaking this time, though others did. 


The boat came back, and it was depressing to leave. 


Last view of the beach, now much smaller as the tide came in. 


The sun was setting on the way back, which made for some great pics, a great few last rays, and some more relaxation. 






We got back to San Jose about 7:45. After getting to mi casa, I passed out early to prepare for another early morning and my last day in Costa Rica.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Como Grecia

Palacio Barolo

La valle de vino: Mendoza