Back to school...

On Monday, classes started bright and early at 9 am. It was a pretty day, and I was ready to dive back into class. 


We at lunch at the great soda near school. The plate, soup, drink, and dessert was four dollars. What a steal!



Below is the building for school. 


On Monday, we went shopping downtown. We first went to the artesania open air market (and got prezzies for my parents). On Tuesday, we headed back downtown to check out an art gallery. On the way, we caught some sweet art. 


This is a big downtown park in Costa Rica. It was really pretty, and on Sundays it is a big fair/music hang out. 


The art gallery was amazing, and Anna bought two pieces of art. Everything was Costa Rican/Latin American, and they had some very famous artists. 


We then went to Mercado Central, a big indoor market. On the way, saw this old, pretty building. 


Mercado Central was soo cool, full of food, sodas (restaurants), local crafts, souvenirs, and crafts. 




There was even a bunch of gorgeous fresh flowers. 


 We had school start early on wednesday, so I stayed home, worked on my final project for school, and went to bed. I hung out with Sarah my homestay sister for a bit at night. She and I have a lot of fun together, and I have been teaching her American slang, as well as improving her English. I have so far taught her "totes" "perf" and a few others. We have also been working on using appropriate words, because she was not aware of the vulgarness of the f-word. She has thus been using freaking and crap. She has taught me some Swiss-german, but I am truly horrible. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Como Grecia

Palacio Barolo

La valle de vino: Mendoza