El sudor

My clothes were stuck to my skin. My glasses were slipping on my nose. My jacket radiated heat. I felt my dark shorts absorbing every bit of sunlight they could.

I looked up into the sky- it was bluer than ever. The few clouds were definitely harmless. The weather had lied to us once again. It was supposed to thunder and lightening all day. Hence the rain jacket tucked under my arm. What was supposed to keep me dry was now just making me sweatier.

The crowds of people around didn't help. But big surprise, we had traveled out to Barrio Chino in Belgrano, the outer western edge of the city. After a successful subway trip, we found ourselves in a large crowd of people with lots of red lanterns.

The street in Barrio Chino

We shoved our way through the crowds, determined to find some delicious comida de china Chinese food and peruse the grocery stores, full of imported items.



Lai Lai, was fria compared to the scorching heat. The food was delicious and quality (not Hy-nese). The iced tea was disgusting, but cold. We left much cooler and refreshed.

En Lai Lai

I made my way to the grocery, full of imported foods. I picked up some dry fruit and avoided the rest (a lot of it was expired).

We went to the park, listened to music, and took in the sights. We walked back to the subway, and went to a little una feria artesenal a artisan fair.

The park con musica

The people and the lanterns watching the show

The fair- there are many of these around town on Sunday

It was a muggy, hot day, but we explored more of the city and learned the most important information: never trust weather.com's Buenos Aires forecast.

Highlights
-One week here!
-Trying the delicious confiteria bakery two blocks from our house
-Taking advantage of two for one Mondays with ice cream
-Trip to the American Embassy (more on this later)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Como Grecia

Palacio Barolo

La valle de vino: Mendoza