El oler

Aren't cities supposed to stink? Be full of smog, smoke, and dirt?

I walked down Libertad in Recoleta, and was surrounded by the sweetest smell. It was a combination of flowers, new, and summer. I was floating (or perhaps that was just the jet lag causing me to float).

I had an espresso, walked through a street fair, and window shopped. All my favorite things in just one afternoon.


Sightseeing in the Recoleta Cemetery

Sunset view of the city from rooftop terrace

The fashion? Impeccible. The women? All look the same- dark, long hair. The men? Friendlier than the women.

Our apartment has an entrance like the Ritz. The apartment buildings in this area are too posh for words. Not surprisingly, there are many coiffed older women in the neighborhood. Also, professional dog walkers.

View from balcony
But alas, it's not completely perfect. That espresso cost three dollars. I'm still figuring out where to buy hangers. And we are pretty sure our apartment hasn't been cleaned in months.

But the maid gets here tomorrow, and until then, I'm pretty sure some Malbec will wash away any worries I may hav.

Highlights:
-Recoleta Cemetary
View of cemetery from Pilar
A sarcophagus of a former presidente

-La Basílica Nuestra Señora del Pilar (amazing art)
-Plaza Francia (street fair)
-Recoleta Mall
-First grocery run (embarrassing and horrifying - eggs and milk aren't refrigerated).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Como Grecia

Palacio Barolo

La valle de vino: Mendoza