La Bomba del Tiempo

Everyone says it's a must go.

I never expected to have reverse culture shock in Buenos Aires.


Almost everyone at La Bomba de Tiempo, a drum show, was speaking English. Eighty percent were American and most of them students like ourselves. Ashley and I were out of our element; where were we? It certainly didn't feel like Argentina.


But when the drummers came out, and the people around us melted away.


The show happens every Monday and is an absolute blast. The music is upbeat, invigorating, and easy to dance to.

The guest performer was a new-age mix of Chilean and Mexican music. I could describe it as drug music, though that might be unfair to the band. It was still good, just much less energetic, more sit and ponder life.

Ashley and I were getting down in the crowd, practicing our Bolivian dance moves. We were wrapped up in the drumming excitement and hitting every beat.

 

Great entertainment, a decent crowd, but most of all a typical Porteño experience. Plus, I was able to get down. And you all know about my killer dance moves.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Como Grecia

Palacio Barolo

La valle de vino: Mendoza