Ciudad y Campo

Within two days, it was a perfect contrast of city and country life in Argentina.

On Sunday, my family and I enjoyed a few of the many ferias around the city. Shopping, eating, and enjoying the summer weather (thought it's supposedly fall).

A city day meant a trip to the Recoleta Cemetery, just a few blocks from my apartment. My family didn't understand why I insisted we go, until they saw the beauty of the place that holds thousands of the wealthiest Argentinian's bodies.

Wyatt even enjoyed it for a while
I also wanted to my family to see Eva Duarte-Peron's final resting place. Perhaps the most famous women from Argentina ever, the country still has a love affair with her, as the fresh flowers, rosaries, and prays showed on her small mausoleum.


Eva's tomb



Dinner meant one thing: la carne. It was time my parents experienced the legendairy (yes, that is a pun) meat. For any tourist, a necessary stop is La Cabrera.


After ordering the skirt and them being out of it, they gave us Kobe beef for the same price. THE Kobe beef. It definitely lived up to the stories; it was so juicy, rich, and smooth. My family was beyond impressed with the meat quality, nothing like Washington state.

Kobe beef
The next day, we ventured out into the country suburbs. We spent the day out in San Antonio de Areco on a ranch, La Porteña. After the racing cars and city smell, my parents enjoyed the beautiful countryside, which I had not seen myself.

 

The ranch was a true vacacion vacaction. We played with the caballos y perritos horses and puppies, taking several horse rides and scratching the puppies bellies. We ate delicious meats, grilled veggies, and alfajores. The gaucho music and nap topped it off as a perfectly relaxing county day.

 
 

Highlights
-Great empanadas at La Porteña
-Having people to pay for my meals (gotta love family vacations!)
-Having my dad strike a conversation with any English speaker...so many Dad moments

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Como Grecia

Palacio Barolo

La valle de vino: Mendoza